Just a quick update on the progress of potential legal action against Spiral by Maurice Blackburn. I received this email this morning:
To keep you up to date – I’ve been contacted by about a dozen of your readers and have got a decent cross-section of the possible damage out there. I’m hoping that a decision re progressing the case will be made shortly.
To all of you who have not yet contacted Maurice Blackburn, I urge you to contact them using the details below. I previously discussed this here.
Assistant: Jade Casey
T (03) 9605 2735
F (03) 9258 9610
I suggest you email Jade, and give her your full story. I think emailing would be best as you give them the chance to go through it, then call you back to clarify anything.
Make sure you quantify any medical costs, time off work costs and importantly, any serious side-effects (like your partner has had to take time off work etc).
To be clear:
- There is no obligation on anyone contacting Irina.
- You will not be asked to sign any agreement or anything of that nature at this stage.
- If a class action proceeds, it will be on a no-win, no-fee basis.
- If a class action proceeds, you’ll be able to decide whether to sign up or not.
- At the moment this is an information-gathering exercise only.